Responsible gambling is everyone’s concern, especially in this Internet age and with the phenomenal growth of online gaming. In fact, at this very minute, millions of players all over the world are enjoying the fun and excitement of online gaming, and many more are expected to join in soon.
However, without formal regulations in place safely governing the global online gaming industry (and the US government’s reluctance to legislate laws protecting players and minors), the online gaming industry is itself assuming the responsibility to regulate Internet casinos and poker rooms etc. After all, it’s in everybody’s best interest as well as makes smart business sense.
Responsible Gambling Tips
As increasingly more people are getting in on the gaming action, inevitably a small but vulnerable fraction of players will experience problems associated with gambling, both online and in land-based casinos. Key to avoiding these dangers is knowing how to recognize them before they occur. Casino Maze is happy to provide the following tips on how to detect and avoid problem gambling:
1. Always remember that the purpose behind gambling is to have fun. Ask yourself regularly: Are you playing for the sake of enjoyment or to get rich?
2. Before you start playing, decide how much time and money you are prepared to spend. Any successful player will tell you that budgeting, both your losses and winnings, is the name of the game.
3. Trying to recoup your losses often leads to more losses. Decide in advance how much money you are prepared to lose and stop playing if and when you reach that amount.
4. Always be aware of how often you gamble and for how long you play.
5. Take regular breaks when you’re winning AND losing. Regular breathers will not only improve your ability to think and thus augment your chances of winning; it will also help you to recognize when you’ve played enough.
6. Remember, gambling is a type of entertainment and never a solution for paying off debts.
7. For the most part, gambling is about chance; no systems or strategies will guarantee winnings.
8. Compulsive gambling is a recognized progressive illness that can be controlled effectively.
9. If you suspect you may have or be developing a gambling problem, ask a friend or loved one for help BEFORE your situation gets out of control. Or contact Gamblers Anonymous, It’s the one bet you just can’t lose!